Wednesday, August 1, 2007

That didn't work so well.

Well so much for my daily updates on my weekly topic. I think it has been 2 weeks since I did that original post and I am just now writing another one. So I am now just going to write whenever and whatever I feel like. Like my cool bike wreck. For those of you who don't know we sold our 2nd car last December so that I could buy a bike. I figured it would be cheaper in gas money if I rode my bike to school my last semester. Just to clarify I am talking about a bicycle, not a motorcycle. My wife does not think that a motorcycle is safe enough for commuting. Since my Father-in-law likes mountain biking I got a Trek mountain bike. Well about 10 days ago he wanted to take me on a new trail that he found. I thought this would be fun. It was beautiful. The trail is longer and more interesting that the one at Cedar Hills where we use to go. Well I was chugging along really enjoying the trail when I came to a bridge. The bridge was about 30" wide which is usually not a big deal. Well, as I was getting to the end of the bridge I had gotten too close to the edge. When I tried to pull away I lost my balance a little and my front tire went right off the side of the bridge. Since it had been raining a lot my front tire fell right into the mud where it stuck. The rest of me went right over my handle bars. Have you ever seen someone fall in the movies and they just roll and come right up. Well that is exactly what I did. I managed a perfect movie roll and stand. It was only marred by a few bushes that I had to roll over. Fortunately there was no cactus on that part of the trail. A tree would have been bad too now that I think about it. I probably would have broken a few ribs if there had been a tree there. Anyway, it was really cool. I don't know why my wife makes a big deal about mike biking. It is not like it was dangerous. I mean I didn't have any scars like some of the other people who were there. It's all cool.

No comments: